Ronaldinho backs Arsenal sensation to emulate Brazil icon Ronaldo

first_imgBrazil legend, Ronaldinho believes that Martinelli has the potential to become the best player in the world after the 18-year-old’s sensational start with the Gunners Loading… Former World Cup star Ronaldinho says the Arsenal teenager has got all of the attributes to follow in the footsteps of ex-Brazil superstar Ronaldo. Ex-Inter Milan and Barcelona forward Ronaldo became one of the all-time greats during a glittering career and Ronaldinho can see similarities in 18-year-old Martinelli. Ronaldinho said: “We as Brazilians are very excited about him and his future. It is one thing to have the talent – but another at the age of 18 to have the confidence. “He reminds me of Ronaldo his first season in Europe he scored 30 goals and people were thinking: ‘who is this 18 year old Brazilian kid?’ “He wanted the ball, he would run at players, there was no fear no matter what players or team he was playing against – and I see that similar attitude in Martinelli. “He just wants to be on the ball and score goals. Ronaldo went on to be the best player in the world – and that can also be the aim of Martinelli.” Martinelli has already become the first Arsenal teenager to score ten goals in all competitions since Nicolas Anelka and goes into Monday’s FA Cup tie at Bournemouth having scored twice in his last two games. Arsenal plucked Martinelli from relative obscurity last summer when they signed him for just £7m and now Real Madrid are already keeping tabs and Ronaldinho believes a full Brazil senior cap is just around the corner. Ronaldinho added: “I am sure that his first Brazil cap is very close – he is ready. Historically the national team has never been concerned with age. Ronaldo was playing for Brazil at 17 – and more recently Neymar and Jesus have played an important role when they were only teenagers. “If you have the ability and the talent then you will get the chance – and the world can see that he (Martinelli) has the talent.” Meanwhile, Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta has insisted he is ready to stand by error-prone Shkodran Mustafi despite the Germany defender’s habit of making high profile howlers. Arteta wants to strengthen his defence with a move for Flamengo defender Pablo Mari but Mustafi could still feature at Bournemouth and praised the centre half’s attitude despite another costly mistake at Chelsea last week. Arteta added: “I’ve worked with players like this, I’ve had team-mates like this and there is always a moment where there is a click. “I can accept a mistake, no problem, what I’m not going to accept is someone who makes a mistake and after he stops playing, he doesn’t want the ball, he doesn’t want to make decisions. That player is not acceptable for our team. “But Musti after that he tried to play every single time, he went for every single challenge, he put his body on the line. “He was down afterwards, yes, but he reacted and if he does that, he will overcome the situation. I ask him to play the way we want to play, he made a mistake, on another day it will be someone else. Read Also:Ronaldinho names three players better than Lionel Messi “Obviously we want to minimise that as quickly as possible and find the reason why that happens, but I like his reaction after that.” FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Promoted ContentWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?11 Items You’ve Been Using Wrong Your Whole LifeBest Car Manufacturers In The WorldLook At Something Beautiful That Wasn’t Made By A Human BeingTop 10 Most Romantic Nations In The WorldMagnetic Floating Bed: All That Luxury For Mere $1.6 Mil?Who Is The Most Powerful Woman On Earth?This Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s HystericalBirds Enjoy Living In A Gallery Space Created For Them9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A Tattoo6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A Drone7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market Valuelast_img read more

Bill to require schools to teach cursive writing passes Senate

first_imgIndianapolis, In. — A bill amended by Republican state senator from Oldenburg State Sen. Jean Leising that would require Indiana schools to teach cursive writing has passed the Senate by a vote of 31 to 18.With Leising’s amendment, House Bill 1640 would require each school corporation, charter school and accredited nonpublic elementary school to include cursive writing in its curriculum.“Cursive writing was not made a Common Core standard in the past, so numerous schools stopped teaching this valuable skill,” Leising said. “As a result, many of today’s teenagers do not have a signature to validate their driver’s license or sign agreements. People in our community have stressed to me the importance of this skill for years, and I have worked to make it an educational requirement for eight consecutive legislative sessions. If signed by the governor, I believe this bill would greatly benefit our students by strengthening their educational foundations and preparing them for tasks required outside of school.”Leising also noted that within the last year, Illinois, Ohio and Texas have joined the majority of states in requiring the teaching of cursive in elementary school. Many private schools in Indiana have continued to teach cursive, creating a disparity between public and private schools.HB 1640 will now return to the House of Representatives for further consideration.last_img read more

Clippers’ Patrick Beverley at the forefront of new $10 ticket campaign

first_img Clippers hope they can play to their capabilities, quell Mavericks’ momentum “It is all about the fans, all about our crowd,” Beverley said Tuesday evening after he and his teammates on the Clippers’ championship-caliber roster put on a show for fans during an open practice at USC. “We put this thing together with Honey, it was an easy call. We’re able to do it, able to get some (affordable) tickets, free T-shirts, I think it plays out very well, especially for the fans.”Beverley – who re-signed with the Clippers this offseason, bypassing more lucrative offers by agreeing to a three-year, $40 million contract here – has been active in the communities where he’s played, including in L.A., where he’s provided Thanksgiving dinners for those in need and spent generous amounts of time with patients during visits to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. He’s eager to continue with those efforts, he said.He was thinking about the fans, including those whom he’d met through that community outreach work, after the Clippers’ defeated the Lakers to all but knock them out of playoff contention last March.Related Articles For Lakers’ LeBron James, Jacob Blake’s shooting is bigger issue than a big Game 4 victory Between 50 and 200 “Steal of a Deal” tickets will be available each game, starting with Tuesday’s regular-season opener against the Lakers – to which tickets on StubHub were for sale starting at $189 as of Wednesday evening.Demand surged for tickets as soon as the news broke this summer that superstar Southern Californians Kawhi Leonard and Paul George were joining the Clippers, a development that potentially priced out fans accustomed to Clippers’ games being the more affordable option to watch NBA action live in L.A. The new ticket program should help some with that.“It’s pretty dope,” said Beverley, who as a kid growing up in the Chicago projects would sneak into (and get kicked out of) Bulls games at the United Center with his friends. “So that I am fortunately able to get people $10 tickets is a crazy, unbelievable feeling.”How it works: The tickets will go on sale starting 90 minutes before tip-off at Staples Center box office windows 16 and 17. To purchase the tickets, fans must be wearing Clippers’ red and blue and following @Honey – an L.A.-based tech company focused on e-commerce – on Instagram. (The Clippers last month unveiled their newly named and renovated Honey Training Center.)Tickets will be limited to two per person and arena access will be delivered electronically via AXS/Clippers Mobile for immediate entry. “The people in the back,” he said then. “The blue-collar people who don’t have a lot given to them, who work for everything they deserve. And that’s what we’re doing right now. We do it for them.”Beverley said the Clippers, as a team, are an apt reflection of their “blacktop” fan base.“We have superstars, but we don’t have those demanding superstars,” Beverley said. “We don’t have superstars who demand a lot of attention. The guys we have, they just like to hoop. And the guys in the locker room just like to hoop. We like to get on the court, we like to grind, we like to get better, we like to go in the weight room and get better.“We really love basketball. And that’s not a knock on anybody else saying they don’t love basketball, but we’re just hoopers, man. You know? Whether we were getting paid to do this or doing this for free, we’ll still be playing basketball.”And some fans who otherwise might not be able to afford to watch the Clippers play basketball in person? They’ll get to watch – nearly for free. LOS ANGELES — Special, for the people in the back, Patrick Beverley has something to say.An invitation, actually.The Clippers’ gritty guard worked with team sponsor Honey to set up “Honey’s Steal of a Deal” ticket campaign, a rare initiative in the NBA that will give fans an opportunity to purchase $10 tickets for all 41 of the team’s home games this regular season.A ticket comes with a “Mr. 94 Feet” T-shirt in reference to Beverley’s nickname, inspired by his penchant for furiously defending every inch of the floor.center_img Kristaps Porzingis ruled out as Clippers, Mavericks set for Game 5; Follow for game updates Clippers vs. Mavericks Game 5 playoff updates from NBA beat reporters What the Clippers are saying the day after Luka Doncic’s game-winner tied series, 2-2 Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Errorlast_img read more