Market research company AC Nielsenhas reduced staff turnover by 34 per cent by introducing an annual businesseffectiveness survey five years ago. Richard Savage, HRdirector for AC Nielsen Belgium, said a drive to improve staff loyalty wasbehind the initiative, following the company’s separation from Dun &Bradstreet in 1996.He said, “Thecompany was suffering from low employee morale and millions of dollars inlosses. “We also had lotsof dissatisfied clients. There was a need to improve productivity and increasethe satisfaction of employees.”AC Nielsen adopted aservice profit chain model in 1996, which included a business effectivenesssurvey and changes to the compensation pay of its managers.The businesseffectiveness survey is made up of 50 questions on 12 core competencies, suchas leadership, performance management and career development. It is sent to ACNielsen’s 20,000 employees worldwide, in 100 different countries.Savage said,”This year we got an 87 per cent response rate from our survey.”The HR team changedthe bonus pay for managers linking it to the performance of their businessunits as an incentive to commit to the business model. Savage said,”This helped to bring hearts and minds of managers with us.”Focus groups were alsoset up in individual business units to work on action plans to improvedeficiencies in key competencies.Since the model’sintroduction, the company has quadrupled its operating income and increasedemployee satisfaction by 33 per cent. AC Nielsen had salesof $1.4bn (£973m) last year. Related posts:No related photos. Comments are closed. AC Nielsen tackles staff loyaltyOn 10 Apr 2001 in Personnel Today Previous Article Next Article
Written by Brad James August 15, 2018 /Sports News – Local Dixie State Men’s Soccer Picked Fifth in RMAC FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailST. GEORGE, Utah-Per a Wednesday announcement, Dixie State men’s soccer was picked fifth in the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference in the preseason coaches’ poll.The Trailblazers, newcomers to the RMAC, return six starters and 12 letter-winners from last season’s 12-5 squad.This represents the third straight year Dixie State has won at least 10 straight matches.Defending RMAC champion Colorado School of Mines is the overwhelming choice to repeat as the Orediggers netted nine first-place votes with Colorado Mesa getting two more.The Trailblazers’ returning leading goal scorer is Mesquite, Nev. native Moises Medina, a junior forward.Medina is also the lone Dixie State representative on the RMAC all-preseason team.The Trailblazers do return 72 percent of their offensive output from 2017. Prolific returning scorers include junior midfielder Jandir Porta of West Valley City, Utah and Hunter High School, who posted six goals and six assists last season.Junior goalie Zach Nielson also provides stability in minding the net as the West Point, Utah native and Northridge High School product posted a 9-5 record last season. He earned Pac-West co-goalkeeper of the year award honors for his heroics. Tags: Colorado Mesa/Colorado School of Mines/Dixie State Men’s Soccer/Jandir Porta/Moises Medina/RMAC/Zach Nielson
October 15, 2020 /Sports News – Local Former SUU Men’s Basketball Standout Cameron Oluyitan Signs With Spanish Squad FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailOVIEDO, Spain-Former Southern Utah University men’s basketball standout Cameron Oluyitan has reached an agreement to play professional basketball overseas per a statement released Wednesday.Oluyitan will play for Oviedo Club Baloncesto of Oviedo, Spain.Oluyitan, who played with the Thunderbirds for the 2018-19 and 2019-20 seasons, led the squad in scoring during each campaign.He averaged 13.1 points per game in 2018-19 and 13.3 points per contest in the 2019-20 campaign.Oluyitan scored 871 points for the Thunderbirds, ranking him 12th in program annals since SUU moved to Division I.The durable Oluyitan played in all 66 Thunderbirds games during his time at Cedar City and was named the Big Sky Conference Newcomer of the Year in 2018-19.Oluyitan was also named to the All-Big Sky Conference second team that season as well.Oluyitan started his collegiate career at Gillette College (Wyo.) after which he transferred to Boise State and then SUU.Oviedo Club Baloncesto, also referred to as Liberbank Oviedo Baloncesto, competes in the Spanish LEB Oro League. Tags: SUU Men’s Basketball Brad James Written by
View post tag: Colombo View post tag: News by topic View post tag: Navy March 22, 2013 Iranian naval ships, “I.R.I.S Kharg” and “I.R.I.S Sabalan”, arrived at the Port of Colombo on 21st March 2013 as part of the Overseas Maritime Study Tour of the Naval University Cadets attached to the Imam Khomeini Naval University. The ships were welcomed by the Sri Lanka Navy in accordance with naval traditions on arrival.Head of the Training Mission, Captain Omid Golestanch and Ships’ Commanding Officers, Commander Abdolvahab Taheri and Lieutenant Commander Farzad Salimi paid a courtesy call on Commander of the Sri Lanka Navy, Vice Admiral Jayanath Colombage at the Naval Headquarters in Colombo. They held cordial discussions and exchanged mementos as a gesture of goodwill. Defence Attache of the Islamic Republic of Iran, Lieutenant Colonel Khorram Lajevardi was also present on the occasion.I.R.I.S Kharg and I.R.I.S Sabalan belong to the Iranian Navy. I.R.I.S Kharg is a replenishment ship which is 207.8 meters in length. It has a displacement of 25,000 tons and a complement of 476 naval personnel onboard.I.R.I.S Sabalan is a destroyer ship with an SHD3 helicopter onboard. It is 95 meters in length and has a displacement of 1,440 tons. The ship has a complement of 198 naval personnel onboard.The Iranian naval ships will stay in Sri Lanka until 26th March and the ships’ crews will participate in a special programme organized by the Sri Lanka Navy to enhance the mutual relations during their stay in Sri Lanka.[mappress]Naval Today Staff, March 22, 2013; Image: Sri Lanka Navy Training & Education View post tag: Defence View post tag: Arrive View post tag: Defense View post tag: Iranian Back to overview,Home naval-today Iranian Naval Ships Arrive at Port of Colombo Iranian Naval Ships Arrive at Port of Colombo View post tag: Naval View post tag: port View post tag: ships Share this article
An Oxford councillor has resigned the Labour Party whip, less than a week after his ‘anti-semitic’ and ‘homophobic’ Facebook posts were revealed by Cherwell.Ben Lloyd-Shogbesan was re-elected as Labour councillor for Lye Valley earlier this month, having held the seat for the party since 2010.However, he has since come under widespread fire after Cherwell revealed he had compared Israel to Nazi Germany, praised former Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi, and alluded to same sex marriages as a “perversion” on his Facebook page.Now, at the first city council meeting since the election, chief executive Gordon Mitchell has announced that Mr Lloyd-Shogbesan has resigned the Labour whip ahead of a standards committee hearing set to determine whether he has broken council rules.This means he will remain a local councillor but will no longer be officially affiliated with Oxford Labour.Leaders of all other major parties in Oxford have called on Lloyd-Shogbesan to resign or be sacked. Liberal Democrat group leader, Andrew Gant, said: “Council leader Susan Brown has described his comments as “disappointing”. This is nowhere near good enough.“It is sad to see the poison that is infecting the Labour Party nationally appearing here in Oxford, along with the same feeble response from the leadership.”We’re calling on @CllrSusanBrown and @Oxford_Labour to suspend Cllr Ben Lloyd-Shogbesan following his disgusting, anti-Semitic comments. They can do so much better than calling his actions ‘disappointing’. https://t.co/EhqRPAbt8g— Oxfordshire Liberal Democrats (@LibDemsOxon) May 11, 2018 In an email sent on Monday night to his fellow city councillors, Lloyd-Shogbesan said: “I am sure that you are all aware of recent publications in Cherwell news about my reposting of images and comments from other organisations and individuals on my Facebook account.“I regret the repostings and would like to offer my profound apologies to colleagues on Oxford City Council for any hurt or discomfort they may have endured.“I have deleted my Facebook account and the offensive posts. I am also making overtures to the Synagogue and the Jewish community and other groups and communities affected in order to engage in positive and meaningful discussions about concerns and how best to redress the situation going forward“Lastly, I have referred myself to the Oxford City Council Standards Committee for them to investigate and I will cooperate fully with subsequent developments.“I am not and have never been antisemitic or racist or homophobic in all my life. I have worked hard to challenge injustice and discrimination and promote equality and diversity at all times and would continue to do so.”The Labour Party confirmed on Monday that a complaint has been made and it is investigating. Labour MP for Oxford East, Anneliese Dodds, is yet to comment on Lloyd-Shogbessan’s comments.
The National Weather Service predicts higher than average precipitation for winter 2016.The National Weather Service (NWS) released the U.S Winter Outlook last week.The report predicts higher than average temperatures in cities above the 40th parallel for Jan., Feb. and March 2016. Ocean City is slightly below that line, and experienced higher than average temperatures this fall. According to NWS monthly weather summaries, Ocean City had higher than average maximum temperatures in Sept., Oct. and Nov. 2015.The East Coast can expect higher than average precipitation this winter. The NWS does not mention snowfall in their outlook. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association (NOAA) cited rapidly developing snow conditions as the reason for the exclusion in a Youtube video about the winter outlook.The winter weather will be heavily influenced by El Niño, a period of oceanic warming in the global climate cycle.Tomorrow (Dec. 22) marks the first day of winter and the shortest day of the year. There are 159 days until Memorial Day from tomorrow.
Trove has opened its second bakery-café store in Ancoats, Manchester.The bakery, which launched its first store in Levenshulme in 2011, opened the doors to its second premises on Tuesday 9 October.The new store will serve foods that have been freshly baked on-site, as well as offering coffee and craft beers and wines on tap, which it said would complement the wild yeasts used in its baking.Trove said it focused on “simple and seasonal food, delivered through a gorgeously created menu”. All of its food is made by hand in-house, with locally sourced and organic ingredients.“Since opening our Levenshulme site, we have taken our time to mature as a team,” said Katy Saide, co-owner and founder at Trove.The business won the Best Coffee Shop 2017 at the Manchester Food and Drink Festival.All images credit Jordan Michael
Danny Kirwan passed away on Friday at the age of 68. The former Fleetwood Mac guitarist played on five of the band’s albums. The devastating news was confirmed by Mick Fleetwood, who recruited Kirwin when he was 18-years-old to join the band in 1968. While no cause of death has been announced, the memories of Kirwan remain positive.Read Mick’s tribute below.DANNY KIRWANMAY 13, 1950 ~ JUNE 8, 2018A TRIBUTE FROMMICK FLEETWOOD AND FLEETWOOD MACToday was greeted by the sad news of the passing of Danny Kirwan in London, England. Danny was a huge force in our early years. His love for the Blues led him to being asked to join Fleetwood Mac in 1968, where he made his musical home for many years.Danny’s true legacy, in my mind, will forever live on in the music he wrote and played so beautifully as a part of the foundation of Fleetwood Mac, that has now endured for over fifty years.Thank you, Danny Kirwan. You will forever be missed!~Mick Fleetwood and Fleetwood MacALBUMS FEATURING THE WORK OF DANNY KIRWAN:Then Play On 1969Blues Jam at Chess 1969Kiln House 1970Future Games 1971Bare Trees 1972Rest In Peace, Danny Kirwan!
The first step to aiding the poor is to stand with them, Fr. Fred Kammer said in a lecture to Urban Plunge participants Sunday. Kammer is the executive director of the Jesuit Social Research Institute and has worked as the president of Catholic Charities USA.The lecture, titled, “Building Justice in the Cities,” addressed breaking the cycle of urban poverty. “Making the invisible visible is the first step to compassion,” Kammer said. “Standing with the poor is a touchstone that gives us a wisdom that comes from the poor themselves and leads us to make judgments in favor of the poor.” Kammer said taking a stand with the poor challenges our society’s dominant views. “Standing with those who are poor introduces us to a new way of seeing the world around us,” he said. “This insistence on personal contact runs against our culture’s proclivity to see the poor as invisible or faceless.” But Kammer said casting away these views and keeping contact with the poor is crucial. “Think about your life and try to maintain contact with at least one person who is poor or marginalized and support one issue pertaining to the poor,” he said. “Connect the face of Christ to the poor.” This practice of seeing God in the poor is a longstanding one, Kammer said. He appealed to students to follow the example of historical Israel and show their faith by helping those in need. “In biblical Israel … the poor became a measure of Israel’s fidelity to the Lord,” Kammer said. “We Christians should ask the question, ‘How will this affect the poor?’ The fundamental moral criterion for all economic policies is that they must be at the service of all people, especially the poor.” Kammer said once people make an initial commitment to stand with the poor, they might change the way they live their own lives. “One of the first reactions that people have is to adopt a simpler lifestyle,” he said. “This choice is a stance appropriate to students. Individuals who stand with the poor also stand with them in their career choices whether by choosing to teach in inner-city schools instead of the suburbs or doing social work in place of commercial law. “The needs of the poor take priority over the desire of the rich,” Kammer said. Kammer said always maintaining hope is crucial, as he differentiated between hope and optimism. “Standing with the poor can usher us into their own experience of failure and marginalization,” Kammer said. “It’s therefore important for us to maintain a fundamental attitude of hope.”
Darren Criss Star Files Related Shows View Comments Bring it home, Sugar Daddy! Broadway.com Audience Choice Award winner (and former host!) Darren Criss will return to Broadway in Hedwig and the Angry Inch. The Glee star will take over from John Cameron Mitchell at the Belasco Theatre beginning April 29, playing a 12-week engagement through July 19. Tony winner Lena Hall continues in the show as Yitzhak.Criss made his Broadway debut in 2012 as J. Pierpont Finch in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, a role that earned him a Broadway.com Audience Choice Award for Favorite Replacement. Perhaps best known for playing Blaine on the Fox series Glee, Criss returned to his musical theater roots on the small screen in Backstage with Disney on Broadway. His additional film and TV credits include Girl Most Likely, Eastwick and Little White Lie. In 2010, he released his first EP of original music, titled Human. He can occasionally be found at Marie’s Crisis belting Disney standards with Tony winner Lea Salonga.Written by Mitchell and directed by Michael Mayer, Hedwig and the Angry Inch tells the story of a fictional rock ‘n’ roll band, fronted by Hedwig, a transgender woman from communist East Berlin. Between rock songs, Hedwig regales the audience with both humorous and painful stories about her life, including her botched sex change operation. The score by Stephen Trask features “Tear Me Down,” “Wig in a Box,” “Wicked Little Town,” “The Origin of Love,” “Angry Inch” and more.Mitchell will play his final performance as Hedwig on April 26. The role of the internationally ignored song stylist is currently played by show alum Michael C. Hall, who steps in temporarily while Mitchell recovers from an onstage injury. Show Closed This production ended its run on Sept. 13, 2015 Hedwig and the Angry Inch