Neighborhood Church’s Youth Religious Education 2015-2016

first_img Community News faithfernandez More » ShareTweetShare on Google+Pin on PinterestSend with WhatsApp,Virtual Schools PasadenaHomes Solve Community/Gov/Pub SafetyPASADENA EVENTS & ACTIVITIES CALENDARClick here for Movie Showtimes Get our daily Pasadena newspaper in your email box. Free.Get all the latest Pasadena news, more than 10 fresh stories daily, 7 days a week at 7 a.m. Neighborhood Church announces enrollment of its Youth Religious Education (YRE) 2015-2016. Please let the Church office know if your child will be participating in the 2015 – 2016 school year YRE program by registering them online here or filling out a registration form at the Lifelong Learning Table.Neighborhood Church request families to complete a registration form each fall to keep files current and to volunteer in key areas within the program. All children and youth must be registered.  Please contact Kat Roberts with questions.Neighborhood Church, 301 N. Orange Grove Blvd., Pasadena, (626) 449-3470 or visit neighborhooduu.org. Subscribe Pasadena’s ‘626 Day’ Aims to Celebrate City, Boost Local Economy Pasadena Will Allow Vaccinated People to Go Without Masks in Most Settings Starting on Tuesday Make a comment 9 recommended0 commentsShareShareTweetSharePin it Name (required)  Mail (required) (not be published)  Website  Top of the News center_img EVENTS & ENTERTAINMENT | FOOD & DRINK | THE ARTS | REAL ESTATE | HOME & GARDEN | WELLNESS | SOCIAL SCENE | GETAWAYS | PARENTS & KIDS Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked * Faith & Youth Neighborhood Church’s Youth Religious Education 2015-2016 Article and Photo courtesy of Neighborhood Church Published on Thursday, September 3, 2015 | 11:50 am First Heatwave Expected Next Week More Cool Stuff Business News HerbeautyShort On Time? 10-Minute Workouts Are Just What You NeedHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty10 Ways To Get Into Shape You’ve Never Tried BeforeHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyWant To Seriously Cut On Sugar? You Need To Know A Few TricksHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyPretty Or Not: 5 Things You Didn’t Know About BeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyHe Is Totally In Love With You If He Does These 7 ThingsHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty8 Easy Exotic Meals Anyone Can MakeHerbeautyHerbeauty Community News Home of the Week: Unique Pasadena Home Located on Madeline Drive, Pasadenalast_img read more

Breather to liquidate 400 on-demand offices

first_imgShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on LinkedinShare via Email Share via Shortlink Full Name* Breather’s Bryan Murphy (LinkedIn, iStock)Breather, a startup that rents office space by the day, has run out of air.The Montreal-based company plans to shutter more than 400 locations in the United States, Great Britain and Canada. In some cases, it will assign outposts to third parties, who will close them to repay the company’s creditors, the Globe and Mail reported.“Breather, in its current form as an operator, doesn’t make sense, and, to be frank, I’m not sure it ever made sense,” CEO Bryan Murphy said. “I want to be like Airbnb,” he said, and pivot to an online platform that lets users rent flex-space operated by others.Read moreBreather explores sale or capital raise Breather launches membership program Breather, which has raised $112 million from investors since 2012, furloughed most of its 120 employees this spring, but the company recently said it had started to bring them back. In October, Breather pivoted to a membership model. But a month later, it reportedly hired bankers to explore a capital raise or sale.Last week, Breather laid off most of its staff, giving former employees between two and six weeks’ worth of severance, according to Commercial Observer.The co-working sector has suffered since the onset of the pandemic. With a pay-as-you-go model, Breather offered an even more flexible model than rivals WeWork, Industrious and Knotel.But a former Breather employee told CO that competition between the companies inflated office rents in the most desirable neighborhoods, and Breather may have overpaid for some locations. Last week, IGS Realty sued Breather over nearly $91,000 in unpaid rent at 334 West 37th Street.For its part, Knotel is facing a string of lawsuits over rent and is looking to reduce its footprint.[Globe and Mail] — E.B. SolomontContact E.B. Solomont Message*center_img Email Address* Share via Shortlink TagsbreatherCo-workingoffice marketlast_img read more

Jose Mourinho remains defiant despite Chelsea’s poor form and FA sanctions

first_imgA defiant Jose Mourinho will appeal against the Football Association’s £50,000 fine and one-match suspended stadium ban and does not expect to be sacked even if Chelsea finish in mid-table. The Blues enter Saturday’s match at home to Aston Villa 16th after four defeats in the opening eight Premier League games. Mourinho called for the backing of the Chelsea board after the October 3 loss to Southampton and a first vote of confidence of Roman Abramovich’s 12-year ownership was issued. Chelsea have dispensed with numerous managers, often when when Champions League qualification is in doubt. But Mourinho says he will not be sacked even if Chelsea are adrift in the race for the top four. Asked if he would still be in charge if Chelsea finish in mid-table, Mourinho said “Yes”, before adding: “No. I was not told that because we don’t expect to finish mid-table.” Following the Saints loss, Mourinho, who has won three Premier League titles over two spells, suggested the Blues would be sacking the best manager they ever had if he was fired. Now Abramovich’s approach to his managers is different, according to the Portuguese, who was reappointed in June 2013. “It’s different for many reasons, since the moment I came back in 2013, when I had my first conversation with the owner and the board in 2013,” he said. The competition in the Premier League means Chelsea could miss out on the top four this term, as Manchester United and Liverpool have done in recent seasons. The Blues are seven points adrift and 10 behind leaders Manchester City. “Somebody will be out (of the top four). Do I think it’s Chelsea? No,” Mourinho said. Mourinho lost one of 100 Premier League home games, but has now lost two in his last three after the Southampton defeat. The Portuguese admits playing at the champions’ Stamford Bridge home is a less daunting than it once was. “I really believe that every team that comes now to Stamford Bridge, they don’t fear us, they feel that they can get a result,” Mourinho said. Mourinho was sanctioned for comments made following the October 3 loss to Southampton in which he said referee Robert Madeley was “afraid” to give Chelsea a penalty. Mourinho on Friday confirmed he had received the FA’s written reasons and will appeal. “I have to be honest with myself. It’s the most important thing so I have to appeal,” Mourinho said. Mourinho on Thursday night addressed the penalty, which was announced by the FA on Wednesday. “Every word I say is a big risk for me,” he said on Thursday. “I am happy that I don’t have an electronic tag. I think it’s not far from (that). “I also think that GBP50,000 in the world where we live today is an absolute disgrace. “And I also think that the possibility of getting a stadium ban is also something absolutely astonishing.” The stadium ban will be imposed if Mourinho speaks out of turn in the next 12 months, but it is understood the FA is unlikely to pursue Thursday night’s comments. A more pressing priority for Mourinho is finding solutions for Chelsea’s current slump, five months after being crowned champions. Press Associationlast_img read more